Almeria Academy of Simulations, Virtual and Augmented Reality
Dates: 4 July – 15 July 2016
This summer 2016, the University of Almería organizes Start-up Summer School on Simulations, Virtual and Augmented Reality which will be held in this city from July 4th to July 15th 2016.
The Summer Academy is aimed at those with an entrepreneurial interest in Simulations, Virtual and Augmented Reality, and will put emphasis on teamwork, hands-on learning activities, interactive workshops and industry visits, where participants will have the opportunity to be in touch with international ICT professionals and specialists in the fields of Simulations, Virtual and Augmented Reality.
With all these activities, it is expected the Summer School to guide participants through the whole process of validation, development and presentation of their own idea.
The academy will be held in English and thanks to European Commission funding, participation in the Almeria’s Summer Academy is free, as well as the accommodation, local public transportation from the accommodation to the academy’s venue and weekday meals.
You will learn about:
- Simulation: Key challenges and market trends
- Virtual and Augmented Reality: what can be, and what will be done
- Hot technologies and emerging tools
- Entrepreneurship fundamentals
- Opportunity recognition and evaluation
- Basic Accounting & Finance management principles
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Business Planning
You will be engaged in sessions:
- Creative thinking
- Idea generation
- Team building
- Lean Business Planning
- The (lean) Business Model Canvas
- Validating your Business Model
- Pitching tactics
You will receive:
- Free registration for this 2 weeks Academy
- Free accommodation and meals
- Up to 100 eur. reimbursement to cover your travel expenses
- Become part of a team.
- Form an idea/prototype.
- Develop ideas to provide solutions using simulations, virtual and augmented reality in different fields such as education, tourism, finance, management, operation and logistics…
- Compete against the rest of the teams in the Academy for a place at the Bootcamp
The best 3 teams, together with the best 3 teams of the other 2016 STARTIFY7 Summer Academies, will participate in a dedicated Boot-Camp in Brussels in October 2016 and pitch in front of Business Angels Investors!
Although we will provide specific hardware and software, you will need to bring your laptop/smartphone along.
Important dates for the Simulations, Virtual and Augmented Reality Academy:
- Now open: call for applications
- 20/05/2016: Closing of the call for application
- 28/05/2016: Selection of the participants
- 30/05/2016: Communication of the results and agenda of the academy
- 03/07/2016: Check in at the hotel and welcome
- 04/07/2016: Start of the academy
- 15/07/2016: Evaluation and selection of the best projects
-16/07/2016: Check out at Hotel and Goodbye
- Fall 2016 (3 days): Participation to the final boot camp