Katowice Entrepreneurship Academy of Video Games
Dates: 4 July – 15 July 2016
The Katowice Entrepreneurship Academy of Video Games is aimed at those with an entrepreneurial interest in Video Game Development.
In particular, our Summer Academy will be focused on identifying innovative solutions that will enhance the probability of successful market entry with new video game or game type. The program is designed to guide the participants through the whole process of validation, development and presentation of their own ideas. It will be a highly interactive training with a series of hands-on activities and practical workshops and exercises, where the participants will have the opportunity to be in touch with international – dependent and independent – professionals, specialists, and analytics in the field of GameDev.
The academy will be held in English.
During this summer 2016, the second round of STARTIFY7 academies will take place in four European locations: Almeria in Spain, Enschede in Netherlands, Katowice in Poland, and Thessaloniki in Greece. Last year, the first round took place in: Bavaria in Germany, Sheffield in United Kingdom and Trento in Italy.
Each academy will welcome around 40 participants who will work in teams with an innovative lean-training structure and curricula as they develop their entrepreneurial ideas and associated technical skills based on the academy theme. The 3 best performing teams from each academy will be selected to attend a fast paced 3-day acceleration boot-camp in Brussels during Fall 2016 where they will present their demos and pitch in front of the Pan-European audience of practitioners, investors and business angels.
Key Knowledge Concepts Of The Curriculum:
- Technical knowledge
- Key challenges of the Industry
- Business Management Fundamentals:
- Lean Business Planning
- The Business Model Canvas + Value Proposition Canvas
- Entrepreneurship related content: European ICT and entrepreneurship landscape.
Key Skills To Be Developed:
- Opportunity identification
- Design thinking
- Pitches planning
- Pitches delivering
Key Attitudes To Be Emphasized:
- Entrepreneurial orientation
- Problem Solving
- Risk understanding/taking
Important dates for the Video Games Academy:
- Opening of the call for application (to be announced soon)
- 20th of May 2016: Closing of the call for application
- 30th of May 2016: Selection of the participants
- 30th of May 2016: Communication of the results and agenda of the Academy
- 3rd of July 2016: Check-in to the hotel
- 4th of July 2016: Start of the Academy
- 15th of July 2016: Evaluation and selection of the best projects
- 15th of July 2016: End of the Academy & Diploma Awarding Ceremony
- 16th of July 2016: Check-out from the hotel
- Fall 2016 (3 days): Participation to the final bootcamp
Katowice Entrepreneurship Academy of Video Games - general schedule