|09/11/2015 - 14:22||mivalls|
Design Thinking is a new methodology to produce innovative ideas and try to understand and offer solutions to the users' real needs. It has five differentiating characteristics: empathy generation, teamwork, prototypes generation, playful environment and the use of great visual contents.
The five steps of the design process are:
- Empathise. Learning about the audience for whom you are designing.
- Define. Redefining and focusing your question based on your insights from the empathy stage.
- Ideate. Brainstorming and coming up with creative solutions.
- Prototype. Building a representation of one or more of your ideas to show to others.
- Test. Returning to your original user group and testing your ideas for feedback.
Before starting the process, you must have prepared: the materials, the team, the space and, of course, the attitude!
Examples of Design Thinking are "The Wallet Project" and "The Gift-Giving Project":