|11/04/2015 - 16:27||aida.boukhris|
A pitch is a form of words used when trying to persuade someone to buy or accept something.
A well-designed pitch transforms big ideas into actionable steps and identifies through words and images how a product, service or company is solely appropriate for the buyer.
For the perfect pitch:
- You have to know your audience first and personalise your presentation according to them.
- Create each slide self-contained, telling a story but with each slide easy to understand.
- You shouldn't tell. Show it! It's better a picture than 1000 words.
- Tell a story that doesn't need narration. Create the slides with clear messages as if you weren't necessary to guide the audience through the story.
- Use smart tools to connect better with the audience.
Other guidance can be summarised through RITES
Reason – Why are you pitching to this person / audience? What are you asking for?
Information – Demonstrated that you know your market, customers and competitors
Team – why are you the team to deliver this?
Evidence – Demonstrate your progress to-date
So what? – Don’t forget to emphasise how your product creates value (or solves a problem that your intended customers care about)
Find some more useful tips here: http://guykawasaki.com/how-to-create-an-enchanting-pitch-officeandguyk/